So how do these compounds differ from one another?
More importantly, which one should a first time SARM user consider?
Let’s decode MK-2866 or Ostarine or Enobosarm.
History of Ostarine
MK2866 was developed by GTX in the early 2000s as a potential therapeutic alternative for anabolic steroids in conditions like severe muscle wasting.
8 scientific trials have been conducted so far with Ostarine and the results were extremely promising in all of them.
In a Phase II B medical trial that was conducted on 159 individuals, it was found to increase lean muscle mass significantly.
In fact, it is still being researched as a cure for muscular atrophy caused due to injury and conditions like HIV and cancer.
It is a SARM, that selectively stimulates certain androgen receptors in your body to produce anabolic steroid like effects without the risk of aromatization and estrogenic side effects.
In bodybuilding and performance enhancement, MK2866 is considered to be a mild alternative for Testosterone.
However, the results are not nearly as pronounced as what one would get from a pure bulking compound. Hence MK2866 or Enobosarm is mainly used for cutting cycles.
The perfect cutting compound
MK-2866 for us is the perfect SARM to be used in cutting cycles.
It gives you good strength gains, is anabolic even at extremely low doses which means that you can keep your hard earned muscle even in a severe calorie deficit and it is great for your joints.
Think intense cardio sessions when you are looking to drop a few pounds very fast and you will know the perks of something like MK-2866.
That’s not the only advantage of the compound though.
The other benefits of using MK-2866
Apart from a cutting cycle, Ostarine also shines in a body recomposition cycle.
- It WILL help you gain muscle irrespective of whether you are eating in a surplus or in a deficit. You can tailor your diet without any negative effect on your performance.
- Your strength will be high throughout the cycle. You can lift better and run faster. To give you an example, Amanda Ribas, a Brazillian UFC fighter was busted and suspended for two years when she tested positive for Ostarine. Her sentence was suspended prematurely though. Good for her. She had bulked up during the time when Ostarine was detected in her urine samples.
- MK-2866 is not a fat burning SARM per se. But any SARM will indirectly boost lipolysis by stimulating androgen receptors. Club this with the fact that it is mainly used in cutting cycles, and athletes usually sport a trim waistline at the end of the cycle, which is why it is believed to be a fat burner.
- Very little water retention. Other bulking compounds like LGD4033 do cause water retention to an extent. If you are looking for lean bulk, then Ostarine is one of your best bets. You’d still have to keep an eye on your food plate and control your sodium intake though.
- It is frequently clubbed with MK677 by athletes recuperating from injury as it can greatly enhance joint healing.
How to run an MK-2866 cycle?
The general consensus is that you need at least 25mg of Osta to get any kind of results from your cycle.
We disagree. You can get very good results even with 12mg. The higher doses do not amplify the effects of the drug. But it might increase the extent of testosterone suppression that you experience.
Ostraine has a half-life of about 36 hours. So, one 12mg dose a day should suffice to give you good results.
That should be an ideal starting dose at least.
If you have run Ostarine cycles in the past and the results weren’t great at that dose, then you can definitely consider increasing it to 25mg or more.
The ideal cycle duration is again a matter of debate. There are athletes who have run Osta for up to 6-months without a break.
Definitely not required. Run it for 6-8 weeks and take an equal amount of time off to allow your LH levels to return to normal.
Can you keep the gains after you come off cycle?
That depends on what your goals were to begin with.
If its cutting, you can definitely retain the muscle and avoid gaining too much fat during the off-cycle phase.
You’d still have to eat clean and workout. No shortcuts.
But the loses post cycle will not be as pronounced or as drastic as is the case with anabolic steroids.
Does Ostarine cause side effects?
Not unless you are taking more than you ought to.
In normal doses and cycle durations, MK-2866 does not cause any side effects except mild suppression and dry mouth.
If you do experience lethargy, then it means that you are experiencing suppression. Just keep an eye on your test levels. Unless it has dropped drastically, there’s no need for PCT. It should return to baseline levels in a couple of weeks.
If you are experiencing unrelated sides, like acne or gyno, then it means that your SARMS is bunk and is laced with something more toxic, like a prohormone or even an anabolic compound.
Some users talk about experiencing blurred vision while using Ostarine. That’s not a known side effect. There’s a possibility that you might have been sent Andarine instead of MK, which is known to cause vision related sides.
Ostarine vs. Clenbuterol for a cut
We’d go with Osta any day.
A lot milder, more anabolic, less chances of causing jitters, seizures, arrhythmia and any other shit that Clen is known to cause.
Osta can also be stacked with any mass building steroid to improve joint health and prevent water retention.
MK-2866 VS. MK677
Both are entirely different drugs.
We recommend running an MK-2866 cycle for 6-8 weeks and then using MK677 in between cycles because it is an ideal compound for maintaining muscle mass. It’s not a great muscle builder though.